Building a consistent fitness routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of working out itself is not always enjoyable. We do it primarily for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to overcome the fatigue and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why most people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only affords a distraction but also generates the determination and stimulation required to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and all of a sudden you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be useful for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning mode, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a gym partner instead?
Today’s hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and accentuate speech while curbing background noise, making it easier to maintain a conversation with your partner in an active gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are vital gym equipment, but you might be worried about possible damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant to dust and wetness to some degree, there are a few accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Think about investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, defending them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become inadvertently dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little care and planning, you can securely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to find out more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!